Structural Engineering (SE) at AIT Consulting focuses on the creation and design of structures and systems that enable the realization of architectural concepts of complex and tall buildings, plans for bridges and tunnels, towers for power and communication, tanks for water storage, and industrial complexes for manufacturing.
SE was one of the first fields of study established at the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), more than 50 years ago, to support the growing needs for the development of the region. Today, the SE field of study at AIT is considered among the best and is a recognized leader in Asia. AIT Consulting builds upon the pioneering and extensive experience and capabilities of AIT experts, utilizing world-class laboratories and centers, to offer high quality services and innovative solutions for a broad range of structures.
Some key signature services are as follows:
- Structural system development
- Advanced analysis and computations
- Design peer review
- Performance-based seismic design and evaluation
- Forensic evaluation of failures
- Retrofit design and strengthening
- Structural health monitoring
- Wind tunnel testing
- Vibration control systems